Mines: munitions designed to be placed under, on or near the ground or other surface area and to be exploded by the presence, proximity or contact of a person or a vehicle.
Cluster munitions: Cluster munition refers to a conventional munition that is designed to disperse or release explosive sub-munitions each weighing less than 20 kilograms, and includes those explosive submunitions.
Unexploded Ordnance (UXO): Explosive Ordnance that has been primed, fuzzed, armed or otherwise prepared for use or used. It may have been fired, dropped, launched or projected yet remains unexploded either through malfunction or design or for any other reason.
Explosive Remnants of War (ERW): Unexploded Ordnance (UXO) and Abandoned Explosive Ordnance (AXO).
There are several types of mines, cluster bombs and ERWs. Click here, for more information.
Do not let curiosity get the better of your common sense. Do not get close to the object or area and do not touch anything, just report. Directly call 05/956 143.
Important things to remember:
• Do not enter any mined area, recognize mine warning signs.
• Do not touch any object, it may be booby-trapped.
• Do not throw a mine or throw anything at a mine.
• Do not throw a mine/UXO into water and do not burn a mine.
• Do not kick a mine/UXO.
• Do not attempt to defuse or demine an area.
• Do not collect mines/UXO for scrap metal.